This Week in Cleantech is a new, weekly podcast covering the most impactful stories in cleantech and climate in 15 minutes or less.
This week’s episode features The Hill energy and environment reporter Zack Budryks for a deeper look at Maine's public power referendum.
This Week in Cleantech — Nov. 10, 2023
This week's Cleantecher of the Week is Karl Shinn, the Site GM at Soluna’s Project Dorothy. Karl has led Soluna’s operations team in the company’s flagship green data center, which is helping set the foundation for renewable energy’s future. Project Dorothy has already used and monetized over 4,000 GWh of green energy that would otherwise have been wasted through curtailment. Congratulations to Karl Shinn, our Cleantecher of the Week.
1. Can America’s south-east unseat Detroit as ‘Motown’ of the EV age? — Financial Times
2. This wind turbine looks like nothing you've ever seen before — Fast Company
3. Who Will Pay For All the Carbon Removal? — WSJ Climate and Energy Newsletter
4. How the fossil-fuel lobby weaponized Julia Child's gas stove — Vox
5. Mainers vote down ballot measure to create consumer-owned utility — The Hill
Watch the full video on YouTube
Help make This Week in Cleantech the best it can be. Send feedback and story recommendations to ThisWeekInCleantech@tigercomm.us. And don’t forget to leave a rating and review wherever you get your podcasts.
Register for the GridTECH Connect Forum - Southeast event taking place in Orlando on Feb. 26 using promo code "PODCAST" to receive 10%. Take advantage of this unique opportunity for developers, utilities, and regulators to collaborate on the critical issue of interconnection. All GridTECH Connect attendees also receive complimentary access to DISTRIBUTECH International.