This Week in Cleantech is a new, weekly podcast covering the most impactful stories in cleantech and climate in 15 minutes or less. Produced by Renewable Energy World and Tigercomm, This Week in Cleantech will air every Friday in the Factor This! podcast feed wherever you get your podcasts.
This week’s episode features Reuters correspondent Nichola Groom, who shares insights from a lackluster offshore wind auction in the Gulf of Mexico.
This Week in Cleantech – September 1, 2023
1. Google to begin selling maps data to companies building solar products, hopes to generate $100 million in first year — CNBC
2. Tennessee secured $7B in clean energy business this past year — representing nearly 80% of new investments — WPLN News
3. MSG Sphere announces plan to power 70% of Las Vegas arena with renewable energy, pending approval — USA Today
4. Chemical fertilizer is a climate disaster. Can high-tech biology fix it? — Canary Media
5. First US offshore wind auction in Gulf of Mexico attracts paltry interest — Reuters
Watch the show on YouTube
Help make This Week in Cleantech the best it can be. Send feedback and story recommendations to ThisWeekInCleantech@tigercomm.us. And don't forget to leave a rating and review wherever you get your podcasts.
Join us every Friday for new episodes of This Week in Cleantech in the Factor This! podcast feed, and tune into new episodes of Factor This! every Monday.
This Week in Cleantech is hosted by Renewable Energy World senior content director John Engel and Tigercomm president Mike Casey. The show is produced by Brian Mendes with research support from Alex Petersen and Clare Quirin.
Register for the GridTECH Connect Forum - Southeast event taking place in Orlando on Feb. 26 using promo code "PODCAST" to receive 10%. Take advantage of this unique opportunity for developers, utilities, and regulators to collaborate on the critical issue of interconnection. All GridTECH Connect attendees also receive complimentary access to DISTRIBUTECH International.